Image Map

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Ditch Your No-Carb Diet

I should write for Cosmo. Here is the first article I'm submitting to them in the parallel universe where both they publish entire articles devoted to sarcasm and where I want my first publication to be hidden below an article on Katy Perry's abs:

THE TOP THREE BEST DIETS FOR YOUR WAISTLINE – THE WORST FOR YOUR SOUL

(None requires a gym membership!) Note: I have tried all methods described.

#3: The "My Best Friend's a Histrionic Bleep That Has to Be Skinnier Than Me" Diet


Requirements:

  • A mean 13 year-old girl
  • Britney Spears' 3rd album
  • A CD player from 2001

  • This one's a little slow to start. Combine that with the bitter hatred that will engulf your being and this one comes in at a solid #3. However, it's really not that hard to come by: histrionic bleeps are always looking for friends and you can probably find Britney's self-titled album "Britney" at any CDs Plus (track 12 is my favorite – written and produced by JT).

    Results: slow, but lasting.
    Repercussions: Back pain, freezing shoulders, and a rough case of misogyny.
    Damage done to soul: Moderate

    #2: The "The Guy I'm "Dating" is Homeless and Unemployed" Diet


    (Obviously, I'm trying to keep the standards for companionship at a doable level for any Cosmo afficionado. I don't know what type of crowd you hang with.)

    Requirements:

  • 1 Homeless man
  • A mild temperament

  • This diet is simple and super cheap!

    Steps:

    1. Find homeless man.
    2. Keep him under your constant supervision.
    3. Do not eat in front of him; that'd just be rude.
    Results: staggeringly quick; however, they deteriorate rapidly without stringent upkeep.
    Repercussions: Loss of healthy metabolism, constant need to do laundry
    Damage done to soul: Moderate - High

    #1. The "I Went to a Third World Country and Drank the Water" Diet


    Requirements:

  • Plane ticket
  • Turkish toilet
  • Third World Country™ water

  • Results: Ceaseless contemplation of your life choices
    Damage done to soul: Mild
    Repercussions: Self-hate for being a mere mortal with a properly functioning digestive system.

    HONORABLE MENTION:


    The "My Food Talks to Me But I'm Good Looking So It's Okay" Diet




     photo PostSignature_zps630749c4.png

    No comments:

    Post a Comment